[AFRI-Discuss] The Expected Standard of Behavior

peters omoragbon petersomoragbon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 13:48:27 UTC 2019

Hello Seun, I did not really want us to try and play the nice guys here with the contributions of some of us. Leadership comes with its own responsibility. If those being led are falling out of line by the "standards" of some of us, the leader(s) should realize that, they maintain neutrality. When I say leader, I refere to anyone carrying out one role or the other that cannot be done by every one, including leading in committees. That is why any one in public office in civilized nations are daily scrutinised. Ask Trump or Pastor Fatoyinbo if I'm lying.
Having said that I will say that some of our 'leaders:, here in AFRALO pretend a lot.
Coming back to your question was it right for AFRALO Chair to characterise any comment by ANYONE in this group as BASELESS? THAT IS THE CONCERN of Paulyn, so I do not know what is difficult to understand there. As you prepare to take over anytime soon be prepared to lead a more volatile and embolden and enlightened AFRALO, so you will do well to be as objective and neutral as possible without taking sides because you will be leading both those that support you and those that will not support you.
On a more serious note, the exchange between Maureen and I (thank God its been laid to rest) would not have gotten to that level if our Chair had played his role of a leader. When I read Maureen mail, I sent a personal email to Chair of AFRALO expressing my concerns, till date do you know that chair ignored my email. Not even an acknowledgement. That is not how to lead. Perhaps if he had played the role of an elder statesman I would have maybe not responded. Not that I needed his approval but I gave him that respect and he should have reciprocated. All that is past. The dividends of democracy is to disagree to agree. It is healthy. I don't take anything personal after all AFRALO does not pay any of our bills.
One love. One family 👍

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, 9 Jul 2019 at 14:26, Seun Ojedeji<seun.ojedeji at gmail.com> wrote:   _______________________________________________
AFRI-Discuss mailing list