[AFRI-Discuss] [Ext]: TIME AND DEADLINES [AfrICANN-discuss] Call for topics: Joint AFRALO-AfrICANN Statement for ICANN64

DANIEL NANGHAKA dndannang at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 16:45:31 UTC 2019

Could you please add me to the team of drafters

On Wednesday, February 6, 2019, Tijani BEN JEMAA <tijani.benjemaa at topnet.tn>
wrote:

> I totally agree with you seun

> -----------------
> *Tijani BEN JEMAA*
> Executive Director
> Mediterranean Federation of Internet Associations (*FMAI*)
> Phone: +216 98 330 114
>             +216 52 385 114
> -----------------
>
> Le 6 févr. 2019 à 14:35, Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> Hello Tijani,
>
> I guess the AFRALO secretary (Sarah) is tracking and would have an
> up-to-date list of volunteers. Considering the short timeline, I would
> suggest that the secretary put the call for volunteers prior to the AFRALO
> call later today.
>
> Regards
>
> On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 1:59 PM Tijani BEN JEMAA <tijani.benjemaa at topnet.tn>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Seun,
>>
>> Here is the list of those who volunteered. I hope I didn’t miss anyone
>>
>> yakanho2 at yahoo.fr <afri-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org>
>>
>> lizorembo at gmail.com
>>
>> oloyede.aa at unilorin.edu.ng
>>
>> otieno.barrack at gmail.com
>> -----------------
>> *Tijani BEN JEMAA*
>> Executive Director
>> Mediterranean Federation of Internet Associations (*FMAI*)
>> Phone: +216 98 330 114
>>             +216 52 385 114
>> -----------------
>>
>> Le 6 févr. 2019 à 13:42, Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com> a écrit :
>>
>> Timeline change noted and do pen me down on the list of drafters
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 1:39 PM Tijani BEN JEMAA <
>> tijani.benjemaa at topnet.tn> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> Since I wouldn’t be available for the monthly call today, I would like
>>> to share with you a request from the staff (below) to have the final
>>> version of the AFRALO-AfrICANN statement ready by 21 February, and thus we
>>> have to review the timeline I proposed.
>>> May I propose the following reduced timeline:
>>>
>>> 31/1 – 07/2
>>> Call for topics
>>>        07 February
>>> Announcement of the selected Topic
>>> 07 - 09 February
>>> Call for volunteers for the drafting team
>>>        09 February
>>> Announcement of the drafting team composition
>>> 09 - 14 February
>>> Drafting of the statement (1st draft).
>>>        14 February
>>> Publishing of the 1st draft for comments
>>> 14 - 19 February
>>> Comment period for the 1st draft of the statement
>>> 19 - 21 February
>>> Drafting of the final version
>>>        21 February
>>> Final draft published and sent to staff for translation
>>>

>>> And apologize again for missing the monthly call.

>>> *Tijani BEN JEMAA*
>>> Executive Director
>>> Mediterranean Federation of Internet Associations (*FMAI*)
> [...]

Nanghaka Daniel K.
Executive Director - ILICIT Africa/ Chair - Outreach and Engagement WG
(ICANN At-Large)/ former Chair - FOSSFA  / Geo4Africa Lead / Organising
Team - FOSS4G2018
Mobile +256 772 898298 (Uganda)
Skype: daniel.nanghaka