[AFRI-Discuss] Call for topics: Joint AFRALO-AfrICANN Statement for ICANN63

Awokoya Emma akinpense2 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 07:11:53 UTC 2018

Dear All,
I will be interested in joining the drafting team.

On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 6:49 AM Sarah Kiden <skiden at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> clear and precise opinion to have the required impact.
>> I think we should choose among:
>>
>>    - Open round or consecutive rounds
>>    - Application fees,
>>    - Applicant support,
>>    - Community applications
>>
>> I propose « Community Applications » since in the 2012 round, the
>> community application was a big failure, and I think we need to give our
>> opinion on how to make it successful. Please give your proposals as soon as
>> possible, and not later than Monday 17 September.
>> To respect the timeline, I also propose that we start forming the
>> drafting team so that on 17 September, we will have the final topic
>> identified and the drafting team formed. I’m volunteering to be on the
>> drafting team.

>> *Tijani BEN JEMAA*
>> Executive Director
>> Mediterranean Federation of Internet Associations (*FMAI*)
>> Phone: +216 98 330 114
>>             +216 52 385 114

>> Le 11 sept. 2018 à 04:38, Sarah Kiden <skiden at gmail.com> a écrit :
>>
>> Dear colleagues,
>>
>> I also wanted to mention that Hadia El Miniawi had already sent comments
>> on a separate thread. Her suggestion was:
>>
>> “ Internationalised Domain Names (IDNs) which would include universal
>> acceptance or the EPDP.”
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Sarah
>>

>> On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 19:12 Sarah Kiden <skiden at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> English
>>>

>>> Dear Colleagues,
>>>

>>> I hope this email finds you well. The ICANN63 meeting in Barcelona,
>>> Spain is only about 1.5 months away. We plan to have the Joint AFRALO-
>>> AfrICANN meeting as agreed during the AFRALO monthly call on 5
>>> September 2018. This is a call for topics for the statement for the
>>> meeting.
>>>

>>> We have several topics to choose from since we are now commenting on the
>>> initial report of the new Generic Top Level Domain (gTLD) subsequent
>>> procedures Policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group (an open round
>>> or consecutive rounds, Universal Acceptance, application fees,
>>> applicant support, community applications, etc). We also have the
>>> Expedited Policy Development Process (EPDP) working now and we may choose
>>> to give our opinion as a region on several aspects of the temporary
>>> specifications like data collection, processing, transfer, retention,
>>> and access to non-public data).
>>>

>>> This wide range of topics mentioned above are given as examples. Of
>>> course, you may suggest other topics if you so desire.
>>>

>>> As is the norm, the topic that receives the most support will be
>>> selected. A drafting team will then be constituted to prepare the
>>> statement.
>>>

>>> Please note that the final statement should be prepared early to allow
>>> it to be translated into French before ICANN63. We request that you
>>> please send your topics by Thursday, 13 September 2018 at 23:59 UTC.

>>> 14 September:        Announcement of the selected Topic
>>> 14 - 17 September: Call for drafting team members
>>> 18 September:        Announcement of the drafting team and starting of
>>> drafting the statement
>>> 26 September        1st draft of the statement published & Opening of
>>> the comment period
>>> 03 October:            Closing of the comment period
>>> 04 - 08 October:     Drafting of the final version
>>> 09 October:            Final draft published
>>> We look forward to receiving your topics!
>>>

>>> Kind regards,
>>>

>>> Sarah Kiden
>>> AFRALO Secretariat
>>> (On behalf of AFRALO Leadership Team)
>>>

>>> ==================
>>> French
>>>
>>> Chers collègues,
>>>

>>> J'espère que cet email vous trouvera en bonne santé. La réunion de
>>> l'ICANN63 à Barcelone, en Espagne, se tiendra dans à peu près un mois et
>>> demi. Nous prévoyons avoir la réunion conjointe AFRALO-AfrICANN comme
>>> convenu lors de l'appel mensuel d'AFRALO du 5 septembre 2018. Ceci est
>>> un appel à proposition de thèmes pour la déclaration de la réunion.
>>>

>>> Nous avons plusieurs sujets desquels nous pouvons choisir puisque nous
>>> commentons actuellement le rapport initial du Groupe de Travail sur les
>>> Procédures ultérieures de développement des politiques (PDP) des
>>>  nouveau Domaines Génériques de premier niveau (gTLD) (un tour ouvert
>>> ou des tours consécutifs, acceptation universelle, frais de
>>> candidature, soutien aux candidats, candidature communautaires, etc.).
>>> Nous avons également le Processus Accéléré de développement de
>>> politiques (EPDP) qui est actuellement à pieds d’oeuvre et nous
>>> pourrions choisir de donner notre avis en tant que région sur plusieurs
>>> aspects des spécifications temporaires, tels que la collecte des données,
>>> leur traitement, leur transfert, leur conservation et l'accès aux
>>> données non publiques.
>>>

>>> Ce large éventail de thèmes mentionnés ci-dessus est donné comme
>>> exemples. Vous pouvez bien entendu suggérer d'autres sujets si vous le
>>> désirer.
>>>

>>> Comme c'est la norme, le sujet qui recevra le plus de soutien sera
>>> sélectionné. Une équipe de rédaction sera alors constituée pour préparer la
>>> déclaration.
>>>

>>> Veuillez noter que la déclaration finale devrait être préparée tôt pour
>>> permettre sa traduction en français avant l'ICANN63. Nous vous demandons s’il
>>> vous plait d'envoyer vos suggestions avant le jeudi 13 septembre 2018 à
>>> 23h59 GMT.
>>>

>>> Veuillez consulter notre calendrier ci-dessous :
>>> 10 - 13 septembre : appel à proposition de sujets
>>> 14 septembre : Annonce du sujet sélectionné
>>> 14 - 17 septembre : Appel aux membres de l'équipe de rédaction
>>> 18 septembre : Annonce de l'équipe de rédaction et début de la rédaction
>>> de la déclaration
>>> 26 septembre : 1er brouillon de la déclaration publiée & Ouverture de la
>>> période de commentaires
>>> 03 octobre : Clôture de la période de commentaires
>>> 04 - 08 octobre : Rédaction de la version finale
>>> 09 octobre : Version finale publiée
>>>

>>> Nous sommes impatients de recevoir vos sujets.
>>>

>>> Cordialement,
>>>
>>> Sarah Kiden
>>> Secrétariat d’AFRALO
>>> --
>>> Sent from Gmail Mobile
>>>
>> --
>> Sent from Gmail Mobile
>> list are more accurate:
>> http://www.funredes.org/mistica/english/emec/method_emec/presentation.html#anexo1

Kind Regards,

*Akin-Awokoya Emmanuel*

Data/Telecommication Network Engineer and Web/Content Developer

Member IEEE, NSE, ISOC, CTO, DSA, ICANN

*Interested in volunterism, project research*

*Startups, opendatamining, open data research*

*TVWhitespace technology*

I can be on the next boat, next ship, next plane, next bus as long as where
I am going I could

help someone have a better access and create local contents on the Internet.

*Twitter:@pensebien <https://twitter.com/penseBien>*

*Facebook:* emma.awokoya

*Linkedin: EmmaAwokoya <https://ng.linkedin.com/in/emmaawokoya>*