[AFRI-Discuss] Call for topics: Joint AFRALO-AfrICANN Statement for ICANN63

ABDULKARIM AYOPO OLOYEDE oloyede.aa at unilorin.edu.ng
Mon Sep 10 17:39:39 UTC 2018

Dear All,
Thank you Sarah for sending out this call. My suggestion:

We discuss how we can improve and understand how the new TLD’s can have a
direct impact on our social welfare. We still don't understand the impact
or appreciate the importance of having more gTLD's especially as Africans
because of a number of obvious reasons. Not realizing this might have an
impact on us in the years to come when they are all gone and we realized we
missed out  on this opportunity.
To understand its impact and penetration requires a cost and benefits
analysis which can be done by ICANN and presented in a more friendly manner
while encouraging our registers to enlight the public more.  The truth is
poverty and lack of amenities is a serious issue for us and the best way we
understand new things is to see how they have a direct impact on our day to
day well-being.

Thanks

Abdulkarim

--
*Dr. Abdulkarim A.Oloyede*. *B. Eng (BUK), M.Sc (York), Ph.D. (York),
R.Eng, A+*

--
Website <http://www.unilorin.edu.ng>, Weekly Bulletin
<http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/index.php/bulletin> UGPortal