[AFRI-Discuss] Draft Statement for AFRALO/AfrICANN meeting in Abu Dhabi (ICANN 60)

Sarah Kiden skiden at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 06:14:27 UTC 2017

Dear colleagues,

I hope this email finds you well. Please see attached a draft statement for
the upcoming joint AFRALO/AfrICANN meeting scheduled for 1 November 2017 in
Abu Dhabi, during the ICANN 60 meeting. The topic selected was General Data
Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679).

As agreed during the call for topics, a drafting team was constituted to
write the statement. Please take a look at the document attached and get
back to us in the next couple of days to allow us compile final
comments/edits as well as translate the document into French.

We would like to thank Barrack Otieno, Ali Hussein, Juliet Maina, Tijani
Ben Jemaa, Seun Ojedeji, Aziz Hilali and all the people who contributed to
drafting this statement.

Kind regards,

Sarah