[AFRI-Discuss] [AfrICANN-discuss] Joint meeting of African community in Hyderabad "Impact of the IANA Transition and ICANN Accountability on Africa"

Khaled Koubaa khaled.koubaa at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 01:34:05 UTC 2016

Hi Aziz,
Thank you for sharing this draft with us.
I think this is an excellent statement and I strongly support its
suggestion of phasing the sub-group work and ensure diversity of views.

I have 2 minor edits on the draft statement :
*Paragraph 3 : *" ... by the ICANN community over the last 2 years towards
..." I think it is better if we remove the number of years to not lessen
the work the community did in the past years (more than 2) to push for the
transition decision to come out. We can just say " ... by the ICANN
community over the past years towards ..."
*Paragraph 4 :* "That act has put the USA in high regard and will also
strengthen the Internet Multi-stakeholder model of Internet Governance. "
 To avoid make up one's mind on one specific government, I would rather
prefer we say  "That act will also strengthen the Internet
Multi-stakeholder model of Internet Governance."

Best,

Khaled Koubaa
Twitter : @koubaak <https://twitter.com/koubaak>
LinkedIn : http://lnked.in/kkoubaa