[AFRI-Discuss] Welcome to At-Large!

Otunte Otueneh otuenehoj at danelec-ltd.com
Thu Jun 23 12:18:31 UTC 2016

Welcome onboard.

Kind regards,

Otunte Otueneh

From: afri-discuss-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org
[mailto:afri-discuss-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org] On Behalf Of ICANN
At-Large Staff
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2016 3:09 AM
To: president at aciedd.org; adam_ahmat08 at yahoo.fr
Cc: Afri-Discuss; ALAC Internal List
Subject: [AFRI-Discuss] Welcome to At-Large!

Dear Abdelkerim and Adam,

ICANN's At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) is pleased to inform you that
ACIEDD has been certified as an At-Large Structure (ALS).  The ALAC greatly
appreciates your group's interest in involving individual users in AFRALO
and ICANN and looks forward to working with you and your colleagues.

The ALAC is eager to promote a productive working relationship between your
organization, other ALSes, and the ALAC (and ICANN in general), and your
input on how we can make this a success would be greatly appreciated.

It¹s very important to keep the members of your organization informed (about
significant news from ICANN and information on ICANN policy-development
efforts) and engaged in activities of interest. Here are a few of the tools
members of At-Large find useful:

The At-Large wiki space is where you can find most of the relevant
information:

The At-Large
<https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=2265510>
introductory page help you navigate through the wiki contents. This is where
you can find the latest announcements, and subscribe to the At-Large Google
<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Calendar>  calendar at the
bottom of the page. This will ensure you never miss a meeting!

>From any chosen page in the At-Large wiki, you can find your bearings easily
by navigating via the purple box at the top left hand corner of the page. It
is very convenient to be able to consult the latest At-Large Policy
<https://community.icann.org/x/bwFO>  Development Activity , find out more
about the Regional
<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Regional+At-Large+Organisations
>  At-Large Organizations (RALOs), and about At-Large
<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Working+Groups>
Working Groups .  For the most up to date information about At-Large
meetings during ICANN Public meetings,  it is worth bookmarking this wiki
<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ICANN+Meetings>  page!

Regional wiki webpages also have been created to distribute information
(including in local languages) on activities, events and issues of
particular interest to people in each region. These are maintained by the
community. They are:

African Region: http://www.afralo.org <http://www.afralo.org/>

Asia/Australia/Pacific Region: http://www.apralo.org
<http://www.apralo.org/>

European Region: http://www.euralo.org <http://www.euralo.org/>

Latin America/Caribbean Region:  http://www.lacralo.org
<http://www.lacralo.org/>

North American Region: http://www.naralo.org <http://www.naralo.org/>

At-Large Mailing Lists. There are many At-Large email lists, for each
region, you can sign up to them and manage your subscriptions at:

points of contact you have identified in the application form will
automatically be added to your region's list just for accredited ALSes to
discuss regional issues and to the mailing list for Staff announcements
(only Staff can post messages to that list); you are invited to join others
as you wish.

ALAC website. The ALAC website <https://atlarge.icann.org/>   is a good
source for ICANN news and information of interest to individual Internet
users.  We encourage you to provide your members with a link.  The ALAC
relies on volunteers to translate information into multiple languages.
Translations of documents on the website are welcome and should be sent to
<mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org>  At-Large staff.

ICANN website: The ICANN website <https://www.icann.org/>  is where all
announcements <https://www.icann.org/news>   are posted, and where you can
find practical information about ICANN Public meetings
<http://meetings.icann.org/>  .

Skype chat: At-Large community members and staff use Skype group chats
extensively. A group chat exists for most Working Groups and RALOs. So
please don¹t hesitate to send At-Large Staff your Skype ID and we¹ll gladly
add you to the relevant chats. Please click here <http://www.skype.com/en/>
if you don¹t have a Skype account. It¹s free and staff are available to help
if you run into any trouble.

Facebook: The At-Large community has its own Facebook page
<https://www.facebook.com/icann.atlarge?fref=ts>  . It¹s useful to keep up
with announcements and helpful information.

Twitter: Members of At-Large tweet extensively and are particularly active
during ICANN Public meetings. Follow At-Large
<https://twitter.com/ICANNAtLarge?lang=fr%3E>  on Twitter !

We will forward the At-Large Beginners¹ guide shortly, as it is in the
process of being updated. In the meantime, please refer to the recording of
our Informal Welcome
<https://icann.adobeconnect.com/p2zgjaka0ml/?launcher=false&fcsContent=true&
pbMode=normal>  Webinar for new ALSes  which took place in July2015. Another
series of on boarding webinars will be scheduled shortly and notification
will go out to all new ALSes.

We look forward to working with you and your organization's members to
advance individual Internet users' interests within ICANN.  If you have any
questions, or need additional information, please contact us at
staff at atlarge.icann.org.

Sincerely,

The At-Large Advisory Committee

http://www.atlarge.icann.org <http://www.atlarge.icann.org/>