[AFRI-Discuss] Réunion AFRINIC-AfrICANN

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Oct 15 22:49:13 UTC 2014

Hello all,

am important question was asked today, on how to get governments to be
made more aware about the facts regarding the IANA Stewardship Transition.

This is indeed not an easy task. Being able to speak to the right
person(s) in government is often a real challenge. Of course the obvious
routes are via the personal connections and your networking between your
ALS and your government representatives.
But Seun Ojedeji also mentioned during the AFRALO-AfrICANN meeting that
there is a forthcoming opportunity for engagement and for capacity
building of African representatives for ICTs - and that's the ITU
Plenipotentiary Conference.

While NTIA Stewardship Transition is not a topic for the Plenipotentiary
conference, in the corridors, this topic might well come up in informal
discussions. This would be the opportunity for any of you who would be
present there, to be able to share reliable information - and I suggest
a fact sheet about the function of the NTIA stewardship. I mean a fact
sheet - as in a 1-pager, double sided. One side in English, one side in
French. I wonder whether anyone has thought about producing this.

Kind regards,

Olivier