[AFRI-Discuss] REview of the AFRALO Operating Principles

Olivier Nana Nzépa anais_ac at yahoo.fr
Mon Jul 21 09:36:04 UTC 2014

Dears,
I am been following the discussion. The proposals sound disruptive in the sense it may enable us to look outside the box. Now my question is, what is the purpose of individuals membership. Are we looking for numbers or are we striving for quality? The answer to that will enable me to elaborate more. What is the problem with the election process as it is now? Are we getting a lot of the complains? In that case what will we achieve by changing it?
As for performances and Decertification what is the ALAC model? Could we adopt those working for others regional organizations?
As for preparation, the format as  offered by ICANN meeting may be improved by in house preparation. Either we organize home prior to International meetings or we provide ourselves a day or two before the official meeting and get our strategy fine tuned. If you choose the second alternative, the ICANN Vice President for Africa may help.
Warmest
Olivier