[AFRI-Discuss] [ALAC-Announce] ICANN News Alert -- ICANN 2014 Nominating Committee Announces Selections

Fatimata Seye Sylla fsylla at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 16:25:40 UTC 2014

Hello All,

As a NomCom 2014 member, I certify that Africa had 9 candidates over 58,

   - 8 applied for the Board
   - 8 for GNSO
   - 6 for ccNSO
   - 0 for ALAC as there were no ALAC position open for Africa this year

You can see that many applied for 2 to 3 positions.

I participated in the entire selection process and it was done in a very
fair way. African candidates had a lot of potential but this time, they
were not selected because they were not the best.

I will recommend that all of us start as soon as possible outreach
activities to have more African candidates for 2015.

I will make sure you get the information and I would even suggest that we
create a small task force within AFRALO for that purpose.

Thanks for your understanding and support for more African representation
in 2015.

Best regards,

Fatimata

Fatimata Seye Sylla