[AFRI-Discuss] [AfrICANN-discuss] Declaration of the joint meeting of African community (Buenos Aires)

Fatimata Seye Sylla fsylla at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 19:07:00 UTC 2013

Dear Ben,

On behalf of AFRALO, I would like to thank you for your valuable input
.  I agree with you on the importance of the Multi-stakeholder
Internet Governance issue being discussed and which momentum is
getting higher and higher within the ICANN community since Bali.  Yes,
it is important to participate in this discussion as a member of the
global community and the sooner the better.  However, the ICANN
meeting strategy being discussed for revision may consider organizing
future meetings outside Africa which would reduce African
participation.  One might argue that this is not important for us.
But, this theme has been chosen by AFRALO after three consecutive
monthly meetings.

I do think that we should take your suggested theme for a next meeting
and we would be happy to see you lead the discussions for the
preparation of the draft statement, soon after Buenos Aires.

Again, thank you and best regards,
Fatimata Seye Sylla
AFRALO Chair

Fatimata Seye Sylla