[AFRI-Discuss] DIAL OUT REQUESTS / REMINDER/ Meeting Invitation/ AFRALO September Teleconference / 04 September 2013 at 1830 UTC

peters omoragbon petersomoragbon2 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 4 22:26:20 UTC 2013

Dear all,
I had very poor connection at this evening afralo teleconference.

I asked the Chair about the clarification on the replacement of Yaovi by Pierre during the teleconference. i would not say if she understod my question or not before Mr Tijani took over her response and was told a call will go out for interest.

But from this email by Pierre, it is like fait accompli. When was the decision to replace Yaovi taken? Who made the decision to have Pierre replace Yaovi? I have nothing against Pierre. One would have expected that, the leadership of AFRALO inform the entire membership of the appointment of Yaovi by ICANN which has made his position vacant in AFRALO. AND the conventional action would be to organise a bye election for the post. But we were shocked when the Chair of AFRALO was welcoming Pierre into AFRALO meeting as a replacement . Who is Pierre? What ALS does he represent?  I am seriously concerned that two people will be decided the faith of a Region in ICANN and the keadersjip of/within ICANN are looking the other way.

I do not want to be seen as a dissident within AFRALO but I cannot understand why and how we should be pulled by the noses by anyone in the position of leadership.

Nurses across the Borders demands an explanation from the leadership of AFRALO, ALAC and the ICANN Staff on this please. We are hereby registering our protest and opposition to this undemocràtic predecedent.

Pastor Peters Omoragbon
Executive President/CEO
Nurses Across the Borders.