[AFRI-Discuss] AFRALO-AfrICANN joint meeting theme for Toronto

peters omoragbon petersomoragbon2 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 16 21:31:54 UTC 2012

Dear Madam Chairman,

You have our support for this proposal-Creation of a Development Fund.

This has always been our call that, ICANN makes funding available for African full integration into the ICANN process. As it is today, the visibility given to ICANN in Africa is from AFRALO and whose members are majorly from the Civil Society. In this wise, I think time has come for we to access fund to carry  out more activities on the ICANN process to encourage more interest and awareness about ICANN in Africa.

For those going to Toronto, I wish you all well as I missed the deadline for the application-I did not get any reminded from ICANN as usual for Toronto.

Hopefully, South Africa 2013 is around the corner and may I suggest that AFRALO begin in earnest to prepare a much more better outing than Senegal-I mean we should improve upon what have started in Dakar. To which I should suggest that, the AFRALO Capacity building should not just be for the ALS that must be at the event but for local civil society groups that we should invite to attend the events and should benefit from our own experience, to which will give ICANN more visibility about its process. From the three ICANN Conferences I have been opportune to attend, apart from members of the ICANN community, very little or no participants attend from the ordinary local community.

Once again I hope you all are well wherever you are.

Best regards.

Pastor Peters OMORAGBON International Liaison Officer-Nigerian Nurses Chairtable Association-UK (NNCA-UK)
President Diaspora Nurses Association of Nigeria-DNANExecutive President/CEO
Nurses Across the Borders Humanitarian Initiative-Inc.-(Nigeria & U.S.A)
An NGO On Special Consultative Status with The Economic and Social Council of the United Nations-(ECOSOC) Designated Focal Person,United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
  Board Member, Conference of NGOs in Consultative Relationship with the United Nations-CONGO  Member, Steering Committee, Regional Committee for Africa-CONGO  Fellow, Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers-ICANNFellow, Open Society Institute-OSI Budapest  Email:nursesacrosstheborders at yahoo.com