[AFRI-Discuss] [AfrICANN-discuss] RE: Theme of the Toronto AFRALO-AfrICANN joint meeting

Badru Ntege badru.ntege at nftconsult.com
Sat Sep 8 04:55:01 UTC 2012

Thanks Barrack.

Lerato and all others I want to ask you all for the sake of the community
lets bury the hatchet and try out an experiment.

Lets listen to each other's position and seek out a mid point that moves us
forward.  We all make a choice to volunteer our time and effort for the
community.

So how about we take Toronto as the opportunity to right whatever we think
went wrong without destroying all the work that was done.

For ounce lets try to move forward as a community.  The diversity of this
community means that we will never see everything from the same viewpoint.

I challenge us all to humble our selves and go to Toronto those of us who
will be there with an open mind to listen to each other "seek first to
understand then be understood".

Then leave Toronto as one community with a shared vision on the Africa
strategy.

Lets make a choice to join the bus moving forward or stay outside. But as
Barrack rightly says the "desktop activism" needs to stop being negative and
look for constructive alternatives.

Regards

The best  time to plant a tree is 20yrs ago
The second best time is now
(chinese proverb)