[AFRI-Discuss] Theme of the Toronto AFRALO-AfrICANN joint meeting

Mohamed El Bashir mbashir at mbash.net
Fri Sep 7 09:39:30 UTC 2012

Dear Aziz, Colleagues

ICANN new CEO/Leadership has started focusing a new ICANN role in the developing world with special focus on Africa. Choosing Dr.Tarik Kamil as an advisor and Dr.Nii is clear signals tof this new approach.

I suggest the meeting to focus on "ICANN Strategic Approach Towards Africa", we can invite ICANN CEO "Chedi", Tarik Kamil, Nii and others involved to give their prospective on how Africa can utilize this opportunity.

The meeting will be a good chance also for the community to discuss about our areas of focus and interest and how ICANN and the internet community could collaborate .

Kind Regards,
Mohamed El Bashir

( Sent by iPhone - apologies for any misspelling )