[AFRI-Discuss] AFRALO election wikis

Alan Levin alan at futureperfect.co.za
Fri Aug 28 04:39:46 CDT 2009

Dear All,

On 27 Aug 2009, at 11:36 PM, At Large Staff wrote:
> The nomination period for AFRALO delegates to the NomCom is now
> closed.
> Nominees have until 01/09/09 to accept or decline their
> nominations.  AFRALO
> needs to transmit all accepted nominations, with a recommendation of a
> preferred candidate if AFRALO wishes to provide one, on or before
> 01/09/09.

I've considered Khaleds nomination carefully and I believe that I
understand the benefits of having someone on NOMcom that has some
experience with it. Unfortunately I do not have the availability of
the time it takes to perform this role seriously, so I gracefully
decline the nomination.

I do hope to have an opportunity such as this in the future, I enjoy
contributing to ICANN and I hope that you understand that this
decision is really because I need to put a focus on ISOC-ZA for the
coming year or two. We hope to host an INET here next year to which
you are all invited and there are other areas of ISOC-ZA that need
attention.

It appears that Yaovi has strong support for this role, I also support
his candidacy.

Hawa, congratulations on your new appointment, I think that it is well
deserved. I wish you great successes both personally as well as for
your organisation.

Sincerely,

Alan