[AFRI-Discuss] Nominating Committee - African Region Candidatures

At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Thu Aug 28 10:34:33 EDT 2008

Dear Afralo members:

As you will recall, on 19th August we sent a reminder to this list, noting
that the 25th August 2008 was the deadline for the ALAC to receive a list of
those from your Geographic Region who were to be forwarded to the ALAC to
choose from amongst for appointment to the Nominating Committee.

As the ALAC have not received any communication from the region, we are
writing to advise you (and the ALAC by copy) that we are aware of two
persons who have let the region know that they are willing to serve:

1. Khaled Koubaa ­ the incumbent Nominating Commmittee member from Africa
2. Alan Levin, of ISOC South Africa, who is self-nominated with a second
from McTim on the list

We note that there has not been a recommendation from the regional
Secretariat on behalf of the region. Mindful of the fact that the ALAC needs
to proceed to selecting the list of Nominating Committee appointments for
the coming year (which are actually due on 31 August), it will now be for
the ALAC to decide to vote on the above-mentioned persons or to otherwise
resolve upon a candidate from the African Geographic Region who shall be
appointed to the NomCom for the upcoming year.
--
Regards,

Nick Ashton-Hart, Matthias Langenegger, Frederic Teboul
ICANN At-Large Staff
email: staff at atlarge.icann.org