[AFRI-Discuss] Improvement of the win-win relationship between the Staff and the At-Large Community

Alan Levin alan at futureperfect.co.za
Wed Jun 11 10:46:23 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I hope to be able to attend Fridays telecon, although I will only be
able to confirm on friday.

Meantime some responses to the staff questions:

On 10 Jun 2008, at 6:00 PM, At-Large Staff wrote:
> For your convenience, below you will find a restated set of the same
> questions.
>
> 1.   What issues being debated in ICANN do you believe are the most
> important to your RALO?

I do not know, it is too complex to figure out in the time available.
IMHO this is why we elect representatives to the committee to inform
us of them. I have not been able to get a triage on this important
task ...

> 2.   How can we help make the time you spend on ICANN issues as
> valuable and
> efficient to you as possible?

Help with point one. Clear simple to read emails.

> 3.   What challenges and opportunities do you see for your RALO and
> for
> At-Large more generally (in the context of ICANN work)?

Participation, representation, transparency, clarity.

> 4.   How interaction between and within RALOs be increased?

Not important to me.

> 5.   What are the top three things you would like your RALO to
> achieve?

Clear simple communications
Regular reporting and updates
Regular elections

(e.g., "Operational Plan and Budget for FY 08/09" is not relevant to
us, I would much prefer to see a whois TF update and gtld process
update in simple to read language with the key points).

> 6.   What are the top three things you believe ICANN Staff could do
> to help
> your RALO?

Ensure that our representatives are communicating and are representing
our interests

hth

Alan

--