[AFRI-Discuss] New Community Website - conversion done, new site online!

Nick Ashton-Hart Nick.Ashton-Hart at icann.org
Tue Mar 25 17:11:07 EDT 2008

Dear members of the community:

I'm very pleased to be able to tell you that the conversion has been completed and the new website is up and running at www.atlarge.icann.org!

There's still much to do though:

 1.  We will begin to change the menu structure on both the sides and the top to make things more intuitive. A number of documents also need to be changed from one long piece of text (like the main page) to individual 'pieces' of standalone text. The integration of forums and mailing lists for a two-way link between them is also pending. As those things are done we will also:
 2.  start migration a lot of the wiki content over to the main site - and also migrate the calendar from Google calendar
 3.  We'll create the regional sub-sites, so that it will become possible to allow community contribution of material to the site.
 4.  We'll start to 'turn on' features such as: RSS-feeds of blogs of members of the community related to ICANN (we will put out a call for those of you with blogs to send your URLs in - but hang on; we're not ready quite yet.

I hope that you are all as excited by this milestone as I am. It has been a year in the making, and it may still look a bit like the old site - but we've now got a solid foundation to build a truly collaborative future!

--

Regards,

Nick Ashton-Hart
Director for At-Large