[AFRI-Discuss] Meeting Recordings from LA Meeting

Nick Ashton-Hart nick.ashton-hart at icann.org
Thu Nov 8 02:12:29 EST 2007

Dear Community:

I've just posted the meeting recordings for several At-Large meetings
during the LA ICANN Meeting. The transcriptions have been requested
and will be posted once they are available; the summary minutes are in
the final stages of preparation before they are also posted. With the
exception of the RAA Workshop, they are available in three languages:
English, Spanish, and French.

Note that I have not checked them all, but in some cases it appears
that the sound recordist didn't change the channel when participants
were speaking in French and Spanish, so the recording is of those
languages rather than the English interpretation of them. The
transcriptions should correct for this - my apologies for this; I will
reinforce to the meetings staff for the New Delhi meeting the
importance of capturing a faithful recording of each language.

ALAC & Secretariats Joint (1st) Session: https://st.icann.org/alac/index.cgi?29_october_2007
ALAC, 2nd Session: https://st.icann.org/alac/index.cgi?30_october_2007
At-Large Community Meeting with Members of the Board of Directors: https://st.icann.org/alac/index.cgi?30_october_2007_bo
At-Large Workshop on the Renegotiation of the Registrar Accreditation
Agreement: https://st.icann.org/alac/index.cgi?31_october_2007_ws

Note that the documents prepared by Danny for the RAA session are
particularly recommended as (especially the longer document) gives a
soup-to-nuts overview of the RAA, plus all proposed amendments, in a
very reader-friendly format. For those who were not present, his
powerpoint presentation was certainly the most unusual of any at the
LA meeting, with a very "Halloween" flavour - do have a look at it
(Thanks once more Danny for such a great workshop).
--
Regards,

Nick Ashton-Hart
Director, At-Large