[AFRI-Discuss] New Community input into IGD processes web site.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr cheryl at hovtek.com.au
Sat Oct 20 23:17:15 EDT 2007

Following is some information about a new web site to facilitate Community
input into IGF processes, that some of you may have an interest in
contributing to.

Firstly let me apologise for the cross posting between lists but it is
important IMO that information such as this gets out to the Regional Lists
as well as the public At-Large list subscribers.

This information was recently posted to the ISOC Public Policy list as well,
so some of you no doubt are already aware of this new initiative, but I have
been requested by Jeremy Malcolm  to assist my spreading the word and
encouraging participation from the widest possible audience ( so feel free
to pass it on) into this new and important initiative.

Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO)

<SNIP> from email previously sent to : plenary at intgovforum.org,
governance at lists.cpsr.org , memberpubpol at elists.isoc.org  on 19th October
2007.

A new Web site for the IGF community has just been launched at
http://igf-online.net/ by the Online Collaboration Dynamic Coalition (ODCD),
a bottom-up multi-stakeholder working group of the IGF.

The new site already hosts a number of useful resources including a
community blog, wiki, calendar, chat and needs feeds, most of which were
selected for their capacity to support multilingual usage.  It also features
a specially-designed menu running along the top of most pages of the site,
that links in external Web sites including the Secretariat's official Web
site and that of the Rio hosts.

This new site for the Rio meeting and beyond supersedes last year's site
(which, beset by hosting troubles, is currently inaccessible), and thanks to
a sponsor's generosity now provides the IGF community with a dedicated
server on which a large variety of online tools can be hosted without the
limitations of a standard Web hosting service.

Members of the IGF community, including dynamic coalitions, are encouraged
to begin using the new site now.  By registering (or logging in with your
existing OpenID) you can begin posting on the community blog, adding events
to the calendar, and entering information on the wiki.  Hosting of other
content will be accommodated on request.

Volunteers are needed to help with translating the site's content into other
languages, designing a complementary set of themes, and spreading the word.
Please contact me or the Online Collaboration Dynamic Coalition if you would
like to help, have any trouble using the site, or have any new ideas for it.

--

Jeremy Malcolm LLB (Hons) B Com

Internet and Open Source  lawyer, IT consultant, actor

host -t NAPTR 1.0.8.0.3.1.2.9.8.1.6.e164.org|awk -F! '{print $3}'

<end SNIP>