[AFRI-Discuss] [At-Large] ICANN IDN Laboratory test results online

John L johnl at iecc.com
Sun Mar 11 10:22:36 EDT 2007

>> Could somebody describe a possible 'failure scenario' for the tests?
>> Siavash
>
> IANAE (I am not an expert), but what about, for instance, some code that
> breaks somewhere because of the hyphen ("-") in the TLD? We had (and some
> still exists) code that broke because of the length of the TLD, that was
> assumed to be max. 3, with the exception of .arpa.

Hypothetically, you're right, any of those might have happened if someone
deliberately put anti-IDN code into the DNS software.  But in reality, I'm
sure the people who maintain the small set of packages they checked had
already made sure they worked.  It was a non-event.

Where do we stand on the "too similar" issue?

Regards,
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://johnlevine.com, Mayor